Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DEEPLY ROOTED POEM: The Allure

The Allure

Eyes locked, breath synched, fingers reaching
Souls meeting, for the first time it seems in years
I just want you near, hell baby I miss you even when you're here.
So seemless this thing here I'm up you're down you're my twist I'm your turn I arch and continuously yearn
Grab a hold of my eyes so we can dance
Take my heart and kiss it gently while in this trance.
Circles we go round and round, shapes we mimic as we produce these sounds
Tell me all that you need me to know and nothing of what you want
Give me all you've seen, keep all you haven't.
Let's be eachother's habit. Paint me pictures of what you can't seem to relay.
Give me all that remains from old wounds left untreated.
Give me the memories left from lovers who left you defeated.
I'll take them all as I nurse you back to health.
Let me be the comfort you've never felt.
You say I'm too small for this Goliath task and the notion is too outrageous for you to grasp.
You loaned you're heart out years ago, to someone who brought it back to you broke.
You glued it back together and tightened its screws but it doesn't work like new.
I'll restore it. Let go and I'll catch you.
Begin to swim and I'll pull to shore
I'll begin to be what you live for.
I'll be your craving in the middle of the night.
I'll cast away the darkness and bring the sunrise.
But I can only be these things once you allow yourself to fall.
So until then I'll just be the 1 you to call to sit and breathe and to rearrange configure fantasies.
Don't you worry I'll be here right until you figure out I'm the 1 by that time I'll be done.
Just to play the game all over again to re submerge in some new sin.
The thrill of the chase will no longer excite me, the fire you once produced will no longer ignite me.
So sorry you had to fall victim to prey, but there's nothing you could have done to avoid the slay.
But please take your tears and count each 1 as a lesson learned, never ever trust a woman whose been burned.

By: Shana....new member to our P.O.E.T.S. Crew......Put On Earth to Speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment