Friday, January 28, 2011

DEEPLY ROOTED POEM:


Hey Black Boy

Blackboy don't you come my way
Blackboy I see your kind everyday.
Blackboy you know your skin's so dark
Blackboy we used to hang you from bark.

"They use to hang me from bark!"
Everytime that I embark on my journey
This thought is what creeps up in my mind
and then I'm lost.

No spark exist...
Just darkness.
Black as the skin used to define
my very existence...
Good riddance... I'm saying my farewells...
As I commit to breaking up stereotypes and
kickin 'em down stairwells...
Yeah.. my skin's so dark... But they say I fair
well in a world where all roads lead to fear, ignorance, and degradation.

Desparately seeking navigation...
losing my way... and all I hear 'em say is...

Blackboy don't you come my way.
Blackboy I see your kind everyday
Hey Blackboy you know your skin's so dark..
Blackboy we used to hang you from bark.


By: Joe Francisco, a new member to our P.O.E.T.S. Crew.........Put on Earth to Speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment