Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DEEPLY ROOTED POEM:

BEHOLD MY SON

Hung here to die for our sins,
Nailed there so future lives can now begin
Ridiculed, beaten and broken…
“Please take someone else’s son!”, this mother is hoping
Unable to understand how she’s supposed to live, when this is the only son God felt fit to give.
“Why? God may I ask?”
“Why have you chosen to take my son back?”
“I’ve only had him for such a short time! And now you’re taking him as if he were never mine!”
“Please Lord help me understand.”
“I can’t see through my own pain, what possibly could this suffering bring?”
Behold my son, dying in dignity and in defeat, dripping blood collecting from his nailed feet
Dear, God hear my cry and my begging,
His life and journey were just beginning!
Jesus heard his mother’s plea,
And saw near by his disciple was also in need
The disciple was praying silent cries asking “In whom shall I now confide?”
“Jesus the way and the light was now on the cross waiting to die.”
“Whom shall I follow? In whom shall I seek wisdom??”
“In the passing of the days, what is next to come?”
In that instant, to Jesus an epiphany came
2 broken hearts but in each other, each will gain:
Jesus, through shortening breaths said to his grieving mother: “woman behold your son”
Mary from a broken stance lifted her head and reached out her hand.
Jesus said to the hurting disciple, “son, behold your mother.”
Tears ran wild down each troubled face, as they met to embrace
Knowing that now with each other they could finish this race.
Mary and the disciple joined hands and wept quietly as Jesus’ spirit left silently.
Whispering to one another, “Behold your son…”

"Fighting something I can't even see, but I walk by faith and not by sight"
~Shana Hackworth~ of our P.O.E.T.S.(Put On Earth to Speak) Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment