Wednesday, July 6, 2011

DEEPLY ROOTED POEM:

I See You

I see you, diamond grilling
Wrist chilling, headlights beaming
Big watch gleaming,
I see you, crushed out bezel
With colorful stones forged in precious metal.
I see you with the big face bills
Twenty-four inch wheels
And lyrical skills that kills
The nastiest raps
I see you
The pain of slavery’s past
The scars from oppression’s
Scabs covered in tatts

I be you wanting everything they say we gotta have
I be you; and believe me I’m not mad.
Ain’t nothing wrong
With going on that all night flight
To fight for what you never had.

I’m glad you making it happen
We speak up to keep up with trends and meet up with ends.
And I’m the lone soldier that defends the reason
Behind all this gabbin
Hoping when the dust settles
We can all just settle and do what we have to do
Yeah I see you,
But it’s not me you need to be chattin to

It’s the snakes in the grass
That are after you
It’s the fox on your ass
And he’s mad at you.

See your power influences
What matters to him
Don’t cower just do it
Start rapping to them.

by: Joe Francisco of our P.O.E.T.S.(Put On Eart To Speak) Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment