Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DEEPLY ROOTED POEM:

"Sister's Uptown"
The day I met her she touched my soul
My struggles had taken its toll
Greeted with so much peace
I knew God created this encounter
More Organic than whole foods
Conversation more healthy than vegetables
Words sharper than a Zulu warriors sword
Speaking positive into the environment
Negative energy not allowed in this facility
In between sentences she takes time to greet the dominicans in their language
Giving Comfort and peace from a black woman soul to a Washington Heights Area
Back to the Convo
I realize this is how I viewed African Queens
Conditioned by the everyday Woman I encounter
Who think Love means leg open very easy
I was quickly taken back to when women ruled the land
Giving life jewels to a kid who will grow to be a leader
If U looking for peace, positivity, and love
Or simply want to encounter a Queens power
Take a trip to Harlem
Visit Sister's Uptown
Make Sure you ask for Tracy...
......by: Jamal Simmons of our P.O.E.T.S. Crew (Put On Earth To Speak)

No comments:

Post a Comment