Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DEEPLY ROOTED POEM:

REPARATIONS
I’m Mentally, Physically, Spiritually, Lyrically strong black man
Standing tall on the souls of my ancestors
Malcolm, Garvey, Marley
No time for stalling, only brawling
Against unjust ways
Having my people as New Millennium Slaves
Brought up through the last days
They say the times has changed
Well it has
There’s a new Racism called Classism
We went from being black to just being poor
This problem can’t be ignored
Time to explore
Why my city was under water
Can’t go back making shit harder
I’m getting smarter
Hip to the things you do
Liberty for all that shit is so untrue
Never catch me salute the Red, White, and Blue
Only see one color and that’s Black
Time to take this bitch back
We built it from the ground up
Now we the one’s stuck
Niggas grab your nines and your shottas
Stop hollering where the hood at
Fuck that, Where the land at
.......................Misunderstood Soul, a collection of poems available @ www.drbooks.bigcartel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment